Friday 10 February 2012


She’s like a star:

All things shine are massive this season and are set to stay that way through spring/summer '12. Metallic fabrics, sequins, glitter… everything goes! I've loved this trend ever since I first spied that D&G dress (A/W ‘11 collection) a few months ago, and I still adore it now.

The dress that sparked it all for me: 


The shimmer soon spread to the high street as well, meaning us normal folk can afford to wear starlet style as well and let’s be honest a bargain is never a bad thing. One of my favourite buys in the New Year sales in fact, was a pair of metallic brogues from Newlook. It was love at first sight. They’re so versatile, which is something I didn’t think would be the case with metallics. They go with everything…well almost everything anyway. They look great with shorts, skirts and skinny jeans. Just call me “twinkle toes”. 

Walking on the sunshine: 

I know that for a lot of people the idea of wearing metallic or glitter clad clothes can be extremely daunting, and it is a trend that’s hard to get perfect. So here’s how I think the trend should be worn. The first outfit I created is based on sequins and glitter, the second is on metallic fabrics. 

What a sparkler: 


Mirror mirror: 
Well, it looks to me like this trend’s here to stay, so it’s worth investing in something fabulously shiny in preparation for it. I will be!

 Thanks for reading guys,
Bethany Paige x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're thinking about buying anything from the the post above here’s the stock-list:

The dress that sparked it all for me:
Dolce and Gabbana gold sequin star dress Price unknown.

I’m walking on the sunshine:
New look limited edition metallic brogue shoe £15 in sale (no longer stocked)

What a sparkler:
Kenneth Jay Lane Statement Art Deco Necklace £ 85.00, ‘Isabella’ silk-blend velvet mini-skirt from Browns £240.00, boticca.com "Studded box clutch" £95.00, Hobbes Zig Zag Sequin Cardigan by Marc By Marc Jacobs down from £325.00 to £130.00, ASOS LEO Sequin Slipper down from £ 35.00 to £ 22.50, Nails Inc Black With A Twist Down from £ 11.00 to £ 8.00.

Mirror mirror:
Pour La Victoire Larkin Patent Leather Heeled Loafer £ 150.00, GUCCI metallic top £439.00, ‘Blake’ linen boyfriend blazer from Browns £415.00, Metallic Gold Skinny Denim Jean by Michael Michael Kors £150.00, Cambridge Satchel Company Gold 14" Metallic Satchel £ 120.00.

(all outfits were created using ASOS fashion finder) 








No comments:

Post a Comment