Friday 4 October 2013

The worst part of a magazine

Maybe I'm just over sentimental, but I can't help feeling a little sorry for the adverts in magazines. Forever, flicked passed, ignored and deemed as the "worst part" of Vogue, InStyle, Elle and the like. It just seems a shame to me.

The way I see it, a company has employed models, photographers, graphic designers, stylists and probably a bunch of other people behind the scenes, who all put in weeks worth of work, creating the finished product. And, after all of those hours and all that effort, the beautiful page is skimmed right over. In fact, it's often branded as the reason not to buy fashion magazines altogether (you know the whole, "why do you even buy Vogue? It's all adverts").

Now, I would probably be going a tad far if I suggested that the adverts in some of my monthly reads are my favourite part, but I certainly appreciate them more than your average reader. Instead of getting frustrated at the 25 pages at the beginning of each magazine exhibiting beautiful clothes, I enjoy them.

Maybe I'm just weird like that, but at least I get more for my money!

Here are some of my favourite adverts of the moment and from the past:

Louis Vuitton AW13:  

Celine AW13:

 Dolce and Gabbana AW13:



Prada AW13:


Saint Laurent SS13:

Valentino AW13:
 Valentino SS13:

Are you an advert hater or enthusiast?

Bethany Paige X

1 comment:

  1. I used to cut out the adverts and stick them to my walls.. sorry for ruining a copy of vogue though, don't hate me! :)

    ReplyDelete