Sunday 23 November 2014

OOTD: Black and navy revolution

Who created the fashion rulebook that every woman seems to live by? The leather bound book that contains such rules as "never do double denim" (please see Balmain SS14) and "socks and sandals will never be trendy" (please see any vaguely fashion orientated Tumblr page and search for Nike Sliders). My point is, there's always an exception to fashion rules and usually those exceptions are a hell of a lot more kick ass than the conventional looks we see on a daily basis. Sometimes it's just good to put a metaphorical middle finger up to the book and do what you want. 

One rule I never understood was the fact that you're not "allowed" to wear navy and black together. I'm not sure I comprehend where that idea spawned from. And frankly, pairing the shades has been one of my favourite fashion moves recently. In particular I've been obsessed with wearing my black oversized t-shirt dress with navy accessories. I know, shocking.  





T-Shirt dress, button down, bag, trainers, 
leather jacket - All Primark // Gold ring - Newlook 

Bethany Paige x

No comments:

Post a Comment