Tuesday 10 March 2015

Compliments that aren't about physical appearance

This week I've been thinking a lot about compliments. Mainly I've been thinking about the fact that one of my most frequently used compliments is "you look lovely today" and how sad that makes me. Although it's always true, the people that I say it to are so much more than beautiful on the outside. They deserve better words to describe them than "pretty" or "handsome". 

I decided to dedicate some of my time to compiling a list of compliments that are in no way related to physical appearance. A list a compliments that I would love to receive and that mean so much more than a comment on someone's hair or clothes (even though those ones are nice too)! At first I didn't intend this to be for Paige of Fashion but I thought that it would be refreshing to post something that's more inward focused. I'm also resolving to use the relevant compliments as much as possible in the next week and beyond. I plan on peppering them liberally throughout the day along with the classic appearance based comments, to make sure that the people I care about know just how much they mean to me.


(-B.A is how I sign my non-blog related writing, for those of you that don't know)

Bethany Paige X

4 comments:

  1. This is incredible and thank god you wrote it, twitter and social media seems to make us way more superficial even blogs dare I say xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! This was lovely to read - such nice feedback :) xx

      Delete
  2. Such a nice and insightful post, sometimes its way too easy to only be concerned about looks and love this x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/spring-feels.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm so glad you like it x

      Delete