Wednesday 13 February 2013

Blow out the candle and make a wishlist

Am I the only one who still gets insanely excited about approaching birthdays? Regardless, in less than 3 days it will be mine and I'm absolutely buzzing! I can't help it, birthdays will always be excitement arousing for me. There's something about the cake, present unwrapping and having the people I love around me that makes me revert to my childish self. Although this does seem to happen more than I care to admit, including whilst out shopping. I go on big shopping sprees roughly twice a year, the day after boxing day and the day after my birthday (February 17th) and this year I intend it to be no different .On Sunday I will head into town, birthday money in hand, ready to raid the rails of some of my favourite shops and inevitably buy far too much. Before then however it seems only right to blow out the metaphorical blogger candle and make a birthday wishlist.

Here are some pieces I'd be glad to add to my wardrobe:


Ring detail harness - £30 Topshop

Ever since I saw the simply stunning designs on the Hervé Léger S/S catwalk I've been lusting after harnesses. Unfortunately, they aren't exactly widely available and when they are they're unjustifiably expensive. Enter Topshop. This gorgeous black harness with ring detail is absolutely jaw dropping, and only a fraction of the price of some of its designer counter pieces. It's hard to imagine looking anything but like a rock star in this.  



Black split tube skirt - £22 Topshop

Sparkle & Fade basic split midi - £28 Urban Outfitters 

I've been wanting a side split pencil skirt for a while now purely because I think it's a welcome addition to in any wardrobe. The versatility of the two pictured is undeniable. In summer with a basic t-shirt and in winter with thick tights and an oversized jumper. Perfect. 
Pink Plastic A-Line skirt - £25 Topshop

Perhaps a little less versatile than a black skirt, but none the less still beautiful! It was only in my last post that I mentioned my adoration of this coming season's plastic trend, then I found this pink plastic A-line skirt from, of course, Topshop and fell in love with it a little more. 

Vintage renewal 90s denim dungarees - £40 Urban Outfitters 

90s. Denim. Oversized. 3 words that are like fashionable music to my ears! These Vintage Renewal dungarees from Urban Outfitters are basically the definition of everything I love, and having them in my wardrobe would certainly not be a bad thing. I'm also lacking in casual clothes at the moment making their credentials even higher. 

Casio gold face watch - £40 Urban Outfitters 

Another item I've been after for a while now is this Gold Casio watch, and after getting my black one for Christmas it's got first place on my accessories wishlist. 
Meyers light up sneakers - £83.87 Nasty Gal

Here comes that childish side again. Plastic light up trainers! I can't help but remember the light up school shoes that were so popular throughout my childhood, and wonder whether perhaps that's what drew me to these. I love the slightly clear plastic material and the super modern look they would give any outfit. Did I mention they light up? 

Soon enough I will be 16 and will also hopefully have a few new items in my wardrobe to show for it. 

Thanks for reading, 
Bethany Paige X

No comments:

Post a Comment