Wednesday 6 February 2013

Rain, rain go away.

The unfortunate thing about living in England at this time of year is having to battle against the inevitably bad weather. The tornado-ish winds and drenching rain mean disheveled hair, bedraggled clothes and black mascara circles around eyes. Not the best of looks I'm sure you'll agree. Walking home today in the rain made me realize just how impractical my current everyday coat (pictured here) is in such weather. The fabric it's made of is anything but waterproof and consequently I ended up absolutely soaked by the time I got to my front door. 

Maybe I've been trying to convince myself that the sun is just around the corner and I have no need to buy something a little more suitable, but now I think I'm starting to realize that I'm kidding myself. After all, in the UK it seems to rain all but 10 days a year! So perhaps it is about time to buy something that actually fulfills the purpose of a jacket. If you're anything like me though the term "practical" rings alarm bells. "Practical" conjures up images of tracksuit bottoms and trainers. "Practical" is the opposite style, right? Well, not quite. After doing a little research I was able to find some absolutely gorgeous jackets that will still withstand the classic English weather. It looks like it's time to take the plunge into practicality.

Topshop - Tie dye parka £65

Topshop - Pink clear plastic jacket £36

Miss Selfridge - White leather biker £165

Topshop - Don't hate appreciate jacket £55


Nasty Gal - Camille Trench Coat £55.53


Nasty gal - Luster anorak £157.76


Which of these is your favourite? 

Thanks for reading, 
Bethany Paige X

2 comments:

  1. I like the Don't hate appreciate coat the most!!!

    ReplyDelete