Saturday 29 September 2012

Ball gowns make me emotional.

Today has been so amazing. I went up to London to the V&A museum to see the exhibition of ball gowns. It was beyond spectacular (and that’s not a word I use too often).  It was one of those experiences that make you genuinely emotional, well at least it made me come over a little teary. Either way it’s safe to say that being in the same room as a Vivienne Westwood, a Christopher Kane, an Alexandra McQueen and a Mary Katranzou is one of the best things that I’ve ever done. You all know how much I love Miss Katranzou, so seeing her dress made my day. I recognised it instantly and practically ran over then stood in awe, just looking at its beauty. Then to see some of the most iconic designs by the most iconic of designers, I can’t even explain it.

Here’s a few of the dresses that made my dreams come true…
 
Mary Katrantzou (the dress)
 
Mary Katrantzou

McQueen
 
Erdem
 
Cindy Beadman
 
I won't show you anymore because I wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone that wants to go. Seriously, book tickets now because it's possibly the best day out for lovers of fashion, or glamour, or both!
 
Thanks for reading guys,
Bethany Paige X
 

8 comments:

  1. Ugh so jealous! (about this & the fact that you live in England ... ) where I live it isn't to glamour-us at all :/ (just very very hot 24/7 with no seasons whatsoever ... except a few possible cold fronts in January) haha

    Great post! :D

    xo - Britt
    http://www.edgymisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah where I live it's not a very fashionable place either, but I'm lucky in that it's only a thirty minute train journey from London! And we do have seasons I guess, alltough the majority of the time they're rainy seasons hahaha

      Thanks! xxx

      Delete
  2. I live in a totally different continent SMH..... those dresses are fine ART

    from yours, Lu
    www.amazedbylu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha awh so far away! And aren't they just? Thanks for the comment! x

      Delete
  3. Ahh I went to see that exhibition as well! It's amazing, the Erdem dress is gorgeous, and I thought the dress that Beyonce wore was really stunning as well(: xx

    Awesome Post, I really enjoyed reading it^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And yes the Beyonce dress was fab also :)Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it !

      xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, these are amazing. They are so beautiful, I wish we lived in a place where this was day to day fashion. Thank you for sharing :) Lizz xx
    look-to-find.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete