Saturday 15 September 2012

It's classically trendy for A/W.

As I start getting ready for the cold, wet, and windy weather (sigh) I tend to buy a few key pieces that will carry me through autumn/winter. I try to make my purchases a mix of both classic clothes and on trend items to add a seasonal change. This works really well as it usually means I don’t spend as much money and can pull together several different outfits dependant on situations and the ever changing weather.

Here’s my list of some classics and trendy high street beauties perfect for this autumn/winter.
 The classic:
 The trend:
£165 Topshop
 
 The leather biker jacket is something that every girl should own in my opinion – it’s the epitome of autumn/winter classic. The great thing is that it can be teamed with jeans for a rock feel, or paired with a dress to rock it up a bit.  
 
£32 Miss Selfridge
High waisted cotton shorts are so simple but for me work well in every season. I think that the tan colour is better for winter though because I’d be likely to be wearing black tights under them, and might look a bit dull with a completely black outfit.
 





£75 River Island

Feel free to disagree with me but I see the boyfriend blazer coat as a total staple (that I still need to get my hands on!) It would be a welcome addition to my winter wardrobe any year and I know that I would literally wear it all the time.
 
£65 Topshop
 
For something a little more current channel the military trend and rock this army jacket. Go with a pencil skirt for prim and proper with an edge or pull on your favourite skinnies with some chunky gold accessories. Plus I love the contrast sleeves on this beaut!
 
 
 





£30 River Island
 
Padding is huge right now, and I for one adore these black leather padded shorts. Another bonus is that they’d work really well as a part of the heritage trend or could, if worn right, be very gothic.


 
 
 
 £95 Miss Selfridge

Monster fur was huge during the a/w 2012 shows, and this coat is just jaw dropping. If I could afford to spend my money on something like this I really would. Make like House of Holland and un-belt the coat keeping it buttoned up, then just add heels.
 
I’m thinking of writing a few more posts like this one, so if you could let me know what you think in the comments it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading guys,

Bethany Paige X

3 comments:

  1. wow great post!i love the jacket!i love your blog! i would really appreciate if you visit my blog!:)
    http://laborsadimarypoppins.blogspot.it/
    xoxo
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your jacket and the outfit looks amazing ♥
    Exclusive Beige Leather Jackets

    ReplyDelete