Monday 26 May 2014

Happy Birthday Henry Holland

Believe it or not, I didn't write this post purely so I could make the title so beautifully alliterative. Ever since the day I first started getting into fashion, House of Holland has been the LFW show I always look forward to the most. I may or may not be a bit like a One Direction fangirl whilst watching those live streams! I'm talking screeching, constant tweeting and instantly trying to re-create the looks on a Primark budget. For that reason, a Happy Birthday blog post dedicated to my all time favourite designer is definitely necessary.

From the A/W 2007 collection when it all kicked off with thigh high socks and t-shirts your mother certainly wouldn't want to see to in, to the never ending texture of the A/W 2014 show, Henry certainly knows how to make an impact on the fashion world. A fluffy, spotty, multi-coloured impact. For me, the S/S 2013 and 2014 collections will always remain at the top of my list of most lust worthy clothes. Let's all stop for a minute and remember those tie-dye dresses, metallic cut-out boots and sumptuous purple silks with slicked back hair.

Top row - S/S 2013 // Bottom row - S/S 2014


After causing me such utter infatuation over clothes for all these years, I'd love to send Mr Holland a birthday card the size of the Mr Quiffy van, but obviously I don't know his address (my fangirl qualities do not stretch that far, I promise!). Nor do I have enough card making equipment to facilitate it. Or any card making equipment for that matter. So, this blog post celebrating his amazingness will just have to do for now. When we're best friends, it will be a whole different story...

Happy Birthday Henry, may it be fashion filled and fabulous! 
Bethany Paige X 

No comments:

Post a Comment