Tuesday 6 November 2012

An unexpected style icon

Hairspray is one of my favourite ever films. There’s something about the bubbly characters, the outbursts of song, and of course the vintage 50s and 60s feel, that make it never fail to cheer me up. A few days ago I was craving a musical boost and so popped it on after not seeing it for a while and was struck by something which I’d never noticed previously – Penny’s amazing dress sense. In one of the very first scenes she’s wearing a tartan backpack satchel that I’m extremely envious of and really wouldn’t mind owning in the modern day. In fact if I could buy that exact one, I would! All of her outfits in the film really inspired me, from the checked dressed to the pinafores and even tennis shoes. It’s also great to see her transition from 50s teen in A-line cuts, to the “checker board chick” of the 60s in skin tight pencil dresses.



 

 
 Do any of you have surprising style icons?
Thanks for reading guys,
Bethany Paige x

No comments:

Post a Comment