Sunday 11 November 2012

Pure and simple

This season has seen the rise in complex texture and clashing colours. Out of this extremely fashionable and thick fog however is something much sleeker, providing a respite from more outrageous trends. Slick lines and simple colour pallets also had their moment on the catwalks, with not a sequin in sight. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a sucker for the hyper culture trend but I think that it’s nice to have a bit of variation and strip back your wardrobe every now and then. It’s harder than it looks though to create an air of simplicity around your fashion choices, ironic isn't it? In fact, to someone like me who’s been strongly reliant on both colour and texture this season, it’s completely out of my comfort zone. None the less I’ve been lusting over this style and thought I’d share.

On the runway:

Yves Saint Laurent:



 
Celine:
 



3.1 Phillip Lim:
 



 

 What do you think of sleeker styles this season, yay or nay?

Thanks for reading guys,
Bethany Paige X

All photos from vogue.com

4 comments:

  1. Love this blog! Pictures are awesome. Am now following, would love it if you followed me back =)

    catrionamacleod.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll certainly check out your blog xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, I always wish I can dress this sleek and minimal - great photos!
    - Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete