Sunday 5 January 2014

First paycheck prep

We may only be 5 days in, but I have to say that 2014 is shaping up to be pretty amazing! I don't wish to speak too soon, but according to the events that have unravelled so far this year, it's going to be a great one. 

On Wednesday - otherwise known as the first day of 2014 - I handed in my CV and had a conversation with the manager of a new Italian restaurant near where I live. She gave me the opportunity to partake in a trial shift and then yesterday I got a job offer! After searching for a job for almost the whole of last year, I'm sure you can imagine my happiness. Plus, with work comes money. And with money comes the ability to buy pretty things. 

It probably won't surprise you to know that as soon as I got the job, I began thinking about what purchases I will be making with some of that first paycheck! I was expecting myself to go quite crazy with my desires but the list is actually small considering the situation, so I thought I would share!


Mac prep and prime - £12.50
Topshop running trainers - £15 (sale) 
Kukee pinky promise necklace - £3 
kukee moon ring - £3 
Elf lock and seal - £3.75

The first thing I plan on buying when payday swings around is a Mac prep and prime stick for lips. I've been wearing more lipsticks recently - as my previous OOTD shows - and this beauty is supposed to be worn under lippy to make it last longer and stop it from flaking. Since it has amazing reviews from my fellow bloggers and makeup enthusiast, I thought it was time to invest! I also plan on buying a similar product by elf which is made to help keep all makeup in tact, including lipstick. It may seem odd to buy the two at once, but at just £3.75 it's quite a  steal. Plus, I figure that if I use both at once my lip colour will be bordering on indestructible! 

I also plan on getting these two absolutely adorable pieces of jewellery by Kukee. Not only are they beautifully priced but I think I would wear them to death! The childlike nostalgia of both makes me simply adore them. Which leads me into my final item of adoration - these entirely predictable for me trainers! I doubt they need much explaining since I just seem to love any trainers that Topshop produce. I already have an orange and blue pair but that's probably not going to stop me purchasing this knitted and suede foot candy. 

I hope you've all had as good a start to the year as me, 
Bethany Paige X

No comments:

Post a Comment