Tuesday 14 January 2014

Skort revival

You say Skort, I think golf. It's an involuntary image that my brain formulates at the mere mention of the word. I think polo shirts in sickeningly pastel shades and bright white caps with pony tails fed through the holes at the back. And sensible flat laceups. Overall, such a reaction makes me inclined to avoid them from a style point of view. Unless I decide to one day take up golf. You never know I suppose! 

Recently though, I've realised the skort population growing, as they make their way off the putting green and towards the streets whilst gracing the legs of stylish ladies. More specifically, the legs of my fellow fashion bloggers. And perhaps for the first time in my life, I'm not so often making the immediate association with a certain open air game but rather a dozen or more bright fashion concepts. I've noticed that the skort may have some serious style potential. 

As per usual, Topshop have been facilitating my recent growth in lust, providing us with all the skort styles a girl could need (now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say). From well structured black snakeskin to grunge influenced tartan, it seems that there may just be a skort for every lady out there! 










(All Topshop between £30 and £40) 


What do you think of the skort fighting its way into the style world? 
Bethany Paige X

1 comment: