Friday 4 April 2014

Killer shoes

Looking at these Topshop skaters, you would think they would be fairly comfortable. For one thing they're flat and for another they have a nice thick rubber sole. Well, you would be mistaken. These slip-ons are far from comfortable and actually feel as though they may have been manufactured as a form of torture. Oh, how I wish I was exaggerating. Unfortunately I'm not and I am in fact currently wearing them with a pair of bed socks in attempts to get them to stretch a little and not be so murderous to my toes!






In buying them I thought I was being sensible for once not choosing skyscraper black boots. Alas, it seems I am naturally wired to purchase the most uncomfortable shoes possible, even when not intentionally so. The problem is, I assumed they would wear in so I decided not to send them back for the size up. This was my second mistake.

But they are beautiful.

Not just beautiful but bordering on divine aesthetically. They literally tick off every box, except comfort - slip-on, black, snakeskin and just the right mix of shiny and matte. They found their way into my online basket because I could see them with rolled and ripped jeans, mini skirts, midi skirts, maxi skirts and practically everything in between. So you can imagine why I was more than slightly disheartened when I couldn't start wearing them to death as soon as they arrived.

Never fear though, I will persevere - that is the fashion blogger way after all - until I can wear them with ease.

Bethany Paige X

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful shoes but I can't believe they are so uncomfy how crap!!! TBH I find that flat shoes rub my feet far more than high heels now, must be adjustment...good luck! xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete