Sunday 3 August 2014

Holiday finds

I have a motto when it comes to holidays - If abroad, buy it! You can't pass up the opportunity to buy whatever "it" is because once you're on that plane back to Britain you've missed your opportunity. As soon as you've touched down at Gatwick, your chance has faded quicker than your tan. And if your "holiday treat" just so happens to be three pairs of shorts, two new bralets and some shoes, then so be it! 


Maybe I'm kidding myself, but whilst on holiday I generally follow this motto the whole time and my recent trip to Spain saw me implementing it almost perfectly. If I had less baggage restrictions for the flight then it's entirely likely I would've come home with a vast array of wardrobe additions, but I still managed to pick up some absolutely gorgeous pieces.

I thought it was only right to show my favourite finds of the week.



These light blue palazzo pants saved my life whilst in Spain. They provided me with the opportunity of creating outfits that were slightly more dressy whilst also remaining cool in the evenings when it was still surprisingly warm outside. When paired with a basic crop top or a bikini top, they transform seamlessly into the kind of thing you can wear around the pool. Plus, anything that prevents burnt legs and mosquito bites has to be a good thing, right?



I think all of my fellow fashion bloggers will be fairly well acquainted with this style of crop top. The likes of Topshop and Miss Selfridge stock them but at just $5.99 mine certainly had a smaller price tag! As you can see, here I've paired the top with my American Apparel inspired tennis skirt. Basically though, anything that isn't too heavily printed will work like a dream. I plan on buying a pair of high waisted white skinny jeans as quickly as humanly possible!


Markets in spain are like a treasure chest. Once you've made your way past the spices and the battery stalls you can find the most beautiful one off pieces at shockingly low prices. I was lucky enough to stumble on this hand tie dyed crop top which can be worn in a few different ways as shown above. It's already become a summer staple of mine with simple denim shorts and huge sunglasses. Not too bad for €2!

No doubt you'll be seeing more of these pieces in up coming OOTDs.

Bethany Paige X

2 comments:

  1. In love with those blue pants! :o
    boldinballerinass.blogspot.co.uk
    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty crop top! I have yet to try one but I should really give it a go!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete