Friday 30 August 2013

Back to school haul

As you probably already know if you've been reading some of my most recent posts, next week I begin my first year of Sixth Form. Usually going back to school would be an entirely unappealing experience but this year there's one thing softening the blow, albeit only slightly - Year 12 students don't have to wear uniform! Since clothes do make all the difference, you can imagine the positive spin it will put on my first early morning in 10 weeks when instead of the usual navy blue pleated skirt, I step into something a lot more me.

Of course, this also means that I'm going to have to create lots more outfits because I'll be going from wearing my own clothes twice a week to full time. A perfectly reasonable excuse to go out shopping, right? I certainly think so. And not just normal shopping, a total haul (cue excited squeals)! So today I headed into town to do just that.

All of the things I bought were from Primark because if my old uniform is anything to go by, they will be wrecked within a year and need replacing. So, keeping the cost to a minimum was probably a wise choice!

Since this is such a huge collection of items, I'll get started...

Floral Kimono


I have been after a kimono all summer and, although it will be used around school instead of at the beach like I planned, I finally got one! The great thing about this is that it can be used over basic items of clothing to brighten up any outfit. Plus, as the weather starts to cool slightly it will act as a great cover up. 

 Grey jersey dress

Just a simple grey dress to wear with more detailed pieces (hello kimono). I'm hoping that it will become a wardrobe staple which I can wear again and again without too many people noticing because it will be dressed up in different ways! 

Grey sweater

There's something about this oversized sweater that I just love. It's slightly reminiscent of classic american varsity sweaters and I can see it being my go-to piece on those days where comfort and style must meet. Chunky gold chain and a mini skirt with this beauty, I can see it now!

 Boucle sweater 


From the boucle fabric to the leather detailing around the arms, everything about this top makes it appear more expensive than it was! With such a simple colour pallet, it will work with almost everything and can be used on formal schools days as well. 

 Leather quilted mini


Whether or not I will get away with wearing this at school is questionable. There's only one way to find out! This leather mini skirt looks fabulous with the grey sweater (featured above) but again is extremely versatile and could work with various t-shirts. There's something very Clueless about it.

 Checked skater skirts in red and black



Again, these skirts are very 90s and very Cher from Clueless. There's no wardrobe staple quite like the humble skater skirt, add on checks- one of my favourite prints - and I'm head over heels! I see them paired with basic t-shirts, gold accessories and chunky boots.

Light weight sweater 



Just another wardrobe staple in the form of this light weight sweater. It's versatile, it's great for as the weather starts to cool and it hangs just right. Need I say more?

Grey vest with leather pocket detail


Although we're not technically supposed to wear vest tops at school, I figure that under blazers or cardigans no one will ever know! Hopefully... Still, the light floaty fabric of this top contrasted with the leather strip on the pocket made it too irresistible. 

 Cream bag with gold detailing


As well as a vintage satchel bag which I plan on using for "light school days", I thought it was a good idea to buy something that's big enough to hold all of my folders and books too. Since it needs to work with all of the above items and many more, I stuck to a basic cream colour but think that the gold studs and fastenings stop it from becoming too plain.

 Grey (and black) boyfriend t-shirt 


I got this t-shirt in both grey and black purely because I adore the boyfriend fit that Primark sell. Plus, it's undeniable that this kind of thing will go with anything and everything!

Running style trainers in navy and black 




Yes, I bought these trainers in two colours. Don't judge me too hugely! In my experience Primark shoes aren't the most sturdy and tend to break within a few months but I couldn't simply pass these beauties by. So, I decided to buy two pairs just in case one does get damaged beyond repair! I'm slowly growing quite the stylish collection of trainers.

Perhaps it hasn't made the prospect entirely painless, but going back to school with all of these beautiful new clothes will make it more bearable! I might even go as far as saying I'm slightly excited about it. 

No doubt you'll be seeing these items many times over the next year in various OOTDs! 

Bethany Paige X

No comments:

Post a Comment